Friday, October 12, 2018

The Beginnings of Adventure

I've always been quite the homebody. I like to do little trips here and there, but never stray too far from home, and am content to go to the same places I love over and over again. Maybe it's because I'm super routine oriented, not extremely adventuresome or spontaneous and am such a planner (new places takes a lot of planning).



My husband, Eric, always says, "there are so many places to see, why do you want to keep going back to the same places (like Disneyland, lol)"? I'm not entirely sure, but I do know that over the past couple of years, I've begun to develop a little spark of adventure in my spirit. Maybe it's all the conversations with Eric about our future retirement traveling the USA in a travel trailer?? Maybe it's watching my 22 year old son see more places in two years than I have my entire life?

It started a couple of years ago when we took a week long trip to Vegas. Vegas, you're thinking?? I know, right? I had never had the desire to go to Vegas, but we were looking for somewhere warm that wasn't too expensive to get to. Vegas definitely met that criteria. We also liked the fact that we could drive to the Grand Canyon from Vegas.


We had so much fun! We loved seeing the different scenery. We hiked the Red Rocks, people watched on the Strip, gawked at the hotels and lights, saw Cirque du Soleil, drove on the old Route 66 and saw the Grand Canyon. It was awesome! And it left me with the thought that there is a huge world out there full of different cultures, architecture, landmarks, climates, etc. and I want to see more of it!

So when my sister started talking about fulfilling her lifelong dream of going to London and Paris...well, you'll have to read the next post to see where that led us!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally ventured across the Pond. Look at all the fun you had in England! =D

    ReplyDelete